InVita D3 400 IU soft gel capsules
InVita D3 400 IU soft gel capsules are licensed for the prophylaxis of Vitamin D deficiency in adults, pregnant* and breastfeeding women with an identified risk
- Dosage: 400 IU
- Product range: Soft gel capsules
- Units per pack: 28 capsules packed in PVDC/Aluminium foil blisters, inserted into a cardboard carton
- Prophylaxis and treatment of vitamin D deficiency in children and adolescents with an identified risk 1
- Prophylaxis of Vitamin D deficiency in adults, pregnant* and breastfeeding women with an identified risk 1
- As an adjunct to specific therapy for osteoporosis in patients with Vitamin D deficiency or at risk of Vitamin D deficiency
No variation in calcium levels or clinically relevant adverse events noted in 2 studies with 25,000 IU/ml or 50,000 IU/ml dosage 2,3
In a study with four different therapeutic dosing schedules using multiples of 25,000 IU, with daily intake as high as 4167 IU per day in one group, no clinically significant change in plasma calcium or phosphorus concentrations were observed 2
A dose-response study using total treatment doses of vitamin D up to 400,000 IU across the 8-week study period reported no vitamin D or calcium related adverse events 3
- Consilient Health Ltd. InVita D3 5,600 IU soft capsules Summary of Product Characteristics.
- Cavalier E et al. Int Jour Endocrin 2013 http://dx.doi. org/10.1155/2013/327265.
- Schleck M-L et al. Nutrients 2015, 5413-5422; doi:10.3390/nu7075227.
* Care should be taken when prescribing in pregnancy as
medicines can cross the placenta and may affect the foetus